HubPages is a revenue sharing community that allows you to create web pages (called hubs) on topics of your choice. You can earn money with Google Adsense or by promoting Amazon and eBay products. When someone makes a purchase through your Amazon or eBay links, you’ll earn a commission from that sale.
Your Adsense ID shows ads on 60% of the views of your hub. Ad revenue from the other 40% goes to HubPages.
What Can You Do With a Hub?
While I’m sure there are additional benefits of setting up a hub – here are a few I find most beneficial:
- Use your Hub to direct traffic to your website or blog.
- Potential to improve your website’s search engine ranking positions
- You can promote your affiliate links for products, programs or websites as they relate to your content.
- Community building – You can encourage connections on Twitter, Facebook, forums, groups and more.
Making the most money with Hub pages
Revenue sharing through Adsense is not a very reliable way to make money. I’ve tinkered with similar revenue sharing programs off and on and have concluded that you’ll make a little – but it won’t be anything major to write home about.
Personally, I would recommend including affiliate links that will allow you to earn commission earnings based on action. Readers tend to click on a contextual links or act on a specific promotion if it is integrated well within your content.
Four Ways to Integrate your Hub Page with Affiliate Programs
These suggestions focus on using Hubs as a means to promote your affiliate links.
1. Only focus on a specific niche to make it easier to aggressively promote complimentary affiliate programs. I’ve heard Clickbank is quite popular to use on hubs.
2. Include affiliate text links within your content. You may also wish to direct readers to your blog, website or squeeze page.
3. Monetize your outgoing links by using adf.ly. This can make you money every time someone clicks your link. use this sparingly, some visitors might be turned off by the ads and while you’re trying to make money, you’re also trying to gain loyal readers.
4. Use image hosts that pay to put up thumbnails, screen shots or mini picture galleries. You’ll earn money for every one who clicks on your pictures. These usually works best on topics such as celebrities, entertainment or humor. A new one on the scene I’ve been hearing about is Picq.us
HubPages does provide a nice means of promoting affiliate products, a means of linking back to your own websites and building community and brand recognition. It’s absolutely worth a look if you have a little spare time and would like to give it a test drive. HubPages has worked very well for some writers I know.
Popular Search Terms: